James W. Burnett, M.D. is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon practicing at the Joint Institute of North Texas at Arlington Orthopedic Association, P.A.
Dr. Burnett is a medical graduate of Texas A&M University, Scott & White Hospital, Temple, TX. He served a surgical internship and an orthopedic residency at Texas A&M University, Scott & White Hospital, Temple, TX. Dr. Burnett completed his undergraduate work at the University of California, Davis, CA.
As an active member, he participates in numerous professional organizations including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Medical Association, Texas State Medical Society, and Tarrant County Medical Association.
Dr. Burnett enjoys lifting weights & cross training.
Education and Training
Pre – Medical:
- 1988-‐1992: Bachelor of Science in Biological Science, University of California, Davis, CA
- 1996-‐1997: Texas A&M University, Scott & White Hospital, Temple, TX Internship
- 1996-‐1997: Texas A&M University, Scott & White Hospital, Temple, TX
- 1997-‐2001: Orthopedic Surgery, Texas A&M University, Scott & White Hospital, Temple, TX
- July 2004 – Present, Arlington Orthopedic Associates, P.A., Arlington, Texas
- July 2001-‐2004. U.S. Navy, Staff Orthopedic Surgeon, U.S. Naval Hospital – Yokosuka, Japan, U.S. Naval Hospital – Bremerton, WA.
- 2003, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- 2007, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery – Orthopedic Sports
- 1997, Texas Medical License
Affiliations & Organizations
- Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital of Arlington
- Arlington Memorial Hospital
- Medical Center of Arlington
- Surgery Center of Arlington
- USMD Hospital at Arlington
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Texas State Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Association
Honors & Awards
- 2001, GW Brindley Foundation Resident Research Award
- Tulane-‐Caldwell Society Award – Excellence in Study of Orthopedics
- 1996, Alpha Omega Alpha Society
- Lifting Weights & Cross Training