Dr. Carter is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon practicing at the Joint Institute of North Texas at Arlington Orthopedic Associates. He specializes in hip and knee replacements.
Dr. Carter attended medical school at the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Miss. While there, he also did his internship at the Normandy Osteopathic Hospital in St. Louis, Miss. He completed his Residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Brentwood Hospital in Warrensville Heights, OH. Soon after he spent several years in the military working in physician clinics and hospitals.
He is an active member of the American Osteopathic Association, the Tarrant County Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics and the Tarrant County Medical Association.
Education and Training
- University of Missouri, Rolla Missouri, 1971-1976 B.S. Metallurgical Engineering
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, Missouri, 1976-1980 D.O.
- Normandy Osteopathic Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri 1980-1981
- Orthopedic Surgery, Brentwood Hospital, Warrensville Heights, Ohio 1983-1987
- Yuma Proving Ground, Yuma, Arizona, General Medicine Officer, 2 Physician Clinic Occupational Health Physician 1981-1982
- Martin Army Community Hospital, Emergency Room Physician Ft. Benning Georgia, General Medical Officer
- Texas State Medical Board
- Ohio State Medical Board
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery 9/95
- Recertified 2005
- Arlington Orthopedic Associates, P.A. 1996-Present
- Private Practice: Grand Prairie & Arlington, Texas 1987-1996
- Natural History of Lymphosarcoma of Bone, A Case Report 1984
- Percutaneous Medial Malleolar Fixation 1985
- Infected, Exposed Metallic Internal Fixation; What to do? 1986
- Antibiotic-Impregnated Bone Cement Bed; A Clinical Trial 1987
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Texas Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Association
- Baylor Orthopedic and Spine Hospital of Arlington – Active
- Medical Center of Arlington – Active
- Mansfield Methodist Hospital – Active
- KCOM: Atlas Club/v. Pres. 1976-1980, Bachelor’s Club 1977-1980, Student Campus Center Committee Chairman 1979
- University of Missouri: Football / 4 year letterman 1971-1975, Track / 2 years 1971-1972, Golf / 1 year 1973, Theta Tau Professional Engineering society 1972-1976, Alpha Phi Omega 1971-1974, Blue Key National Honor Society 1973-1976,St Patrick’s Day Knight 1976