Richard Mills Roberts, M.D., is a fellowship trained and board-certified orthopedic surgeon practicing at Texas Comprehensive Spine Center at Arlington Orthopedic Association, P.A. He specializes in arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine, and provides high-quality minimally-invasive surgical treatments on the knees, hips and shoulders for adults and children of all ages.
Dr. Roberts earned his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas. He completed his internship at Methodist Medical Center, Dallas, Texas. Dr. Roberts received his orthopedic residency training at the University of Missouri Kansas City, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Kansas City, Missouri, and did his fellowship at San Diego Arthroscopic & Sports Medicine Fellowship, San Diego, California.
Dr. Roberts’ clinical research focuses on the current surgical techniques for shoulder, spinal instrumentation, and pediatric hip dysplasia. He has authored & co-authored several articles and presented his research at several national conferences.
He is an active member of several professional organizations including the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, Texas Orthopedic Association, and Dallas County Medical Society.
Education and Training
Pre – Medical:
- 1981-1986: Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas 77840
- 1986-1990: University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77550-2779
- 1990-1991: Methodist Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75265-5999
- 1991-1995: University of Missouri Kansas City, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Kansas City, Missouri 64108
- 1995-1996: San Diego Arthroscopic & Sports Medicine Fellowship, San Diego, California 92120
- State of Texas
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons, Part I
Experience and Expertise
- January 2016 – Present, Arlington Orthopedic Associates, P.A., Arlington, Texas 76015
- Roberts, R.M., Bernhardt, M., Accuracy of Fluoroscopic-Guided Pedicle Screw Placement in the Lumbosacral Spine, Trans.17(1):108-109, 1993.
- Roberts, R.M., Bernhardt, M., Accuracy of Fluoroscopic-Guided Pedicle Screw Placement in the Lumbosacral Spine, Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics13(4):545, 1993.
- Roberts, R.M., Tasto J.Pl, Hazel R.M. Acromioclavicular Joint Stability after Arthroscopic co-plaining. Arthroscopy. 14(4):419-20, 1998.
- The Effects of Acromioclavicular stability after arthroscopic co-planning. Presented at the seventeenth annual meeting of the Arthroscopy Association of North America in Orlando, FL.
- Shin, Sung-Il, The effects of acromioclavicular joint stability after Arthroscopic co-planning. Presented at the thirteenth open meeting of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, AAOS Conference San Francisco, California.
- Arthroscopic findings and treatment of the partially ruptured or attenuated subscapularis tendon. Presented at the Residents & Fellows Arthroscopy Conference, Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Shelf acetabuloplasty for treatment of Severe Legg-Calve-Perthes disease in the older child, Presented at the Mid-America Orthopedic Association, Thirteenth Annual Meeting in Palm Beach, Florida.
- Shelf acetabuloplasty for treatment of severe Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease in the Older Child, Presented at the American Academy of Pediatrics Annual Meeting, Orthopedic Session, San Francisco, California.
- Accuracy of fluoroscopic-guided pedicle screw placement in the lumbosacral spine. Presented at the Scoliosis Research Society, Twenty-seventh Annual Meeting held in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Accuracy of fluoroscopic-guided pedicle screw placement in the lumbosacral spine. Presented at the American Orthopedic Association 28th Annual Residents’ Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Killing of Clostridium perfingensby Oxygen with and without Polymorphonuclear Leukocytes. Presented at the 6th Int’l Symposium on Infections in the Immunocompromised Host, Peebles, Scotland.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Orthopedic Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Playing the guitar and boating